Friday, January 20, 2006


Roxy is 6 weeks old today! Time is such a bizarre thing - it seems like she's so new to the house, but we're already in such a comfortable groove, that it seems she's been here forever. The thing with babies is that when you're waiting for them, you wonder what shift is going to take place. Then when they finally arrive, you forget it was any different before they came. Before Roxy was here, I used to go into her room and just sit. Holding my belly, I would wonder what she was going to look like, be like. Her room became my happy place - my place of enticement, excitement, anticipation, wonder. A daughter! After all these years, I was having another baby, and she was a girl. As my best friend put it - "Cosmic Justice" was headed my way. Bring it on! Now that she's here, Roxy's favorite place to be is her room. And her favorite thing is the vintage 70's mobile Marcie passed our way after a lucky day garage sale-ing. So, we're six weeks into this lifetime journey together. And from the looks of it, it should be smooth sailing until the "justice" kicks in. Life hasn't shifted that much. But it has shifted. And it's beautiful.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marcie said...

Just wait till you put the cutest pigtails in her hair and two seconds later she pulls them out! (Ruby did it to me this morning)Roxy is so going to be a little rebel.

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cameo, I always enjoy seeing the pictures and reading your bits of wisdom. I am so very proud of you and your family and this little Roxy of ours is so beautiful.
I love all of you very, very much.
Grandma

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home