Saturday, March 18, 2006

Magic Full Circle Moment

So, mom's little whisper (Julie/LoveBoat) in the ear got to me and I decided to take the kids ice skating at the outdoor rink I frequented as a child. (compliments of the free passes I received from one of the students I teach at the University) It wasn't crowded at all - and the place literally hasn't changed one bit in 20+ years. It was a nice day, not too cold at all, a little windy but hey. Anyway, there I was holding Roxy under my jacket, and watching Evan & Noah ice skate for the first time in their lives (don't know how that happened). The sun was out a little and Fastball's "Outta My Head" was playing over the speakers. It was a beautiful little moment. One of those that make you feel as though you're the star of you own movie. Watching the boys glide over my old haunt, holding the baby I thought would never be, and listening to a pretty great song. Just one of those magic full circle moments designed to remind you that life is beautiful. Play it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home