Saturday, July 15, 2006

P.M.Pissy

Yeah, okay. So, as of late, the world has been an incredibly irritating place. I have inadvertently spread myself too thin. I'm going - and I mean quite literally - from 7am until 10pm EVERY FREAKIN' DAY! Teaching 5,6,& 7 year olds from 8:30-12:30, then taking care of my own three kids from 1:00-5:00, then teaching ballet from 5:30-7:00, then rehearsal from 7:00-10:00, then doing dishes/picking up/getting ready for the next day at least until midnight (usually 2am!) I'm losing my mind, and I have no body to blame for any of it other than myself. I know this! BUT!!! I'm PMSing right now. So, even though I pride myself on being a rather level person, rationale is a rare commodity with me right now!

And you know what makes it worse? It takes me a pretty substantial amount of time to figure it the flip out! "Hi! I'm Cameo, and I'm a highly irritated snot right now, and it's because I have to share the world!" You know, like the old joke goes - "I have a problem with everyone I meet! There's something wrong with all of them." Uh-huh. When everyone and everything is wrong with the world, it's everyone else who has a problem! Whatever.

So, I realized the other day that I might be PMSing. I sent my willing husband to the store to buy some medicine. I took it, and passed out. Guess it's hard to be a bitch when you're unconscious.

But something really interesting happened while I was sleeping. I woke myself up crying. Crying! Not dreaming about crying, but really crying! I'm so stressed, and tired, and worn out, I'm crying in my sleep! Aren't you glad you're not me right now?

This is one of those cruel ironies life throws at you every once in awhile just to get it's jollies. Let's make sure that when this girl is working really, really long, hard days, we time it just right so she gets her period in the middle of it all! I'm glad some one is having a good time.

Things will get easier after this coming week is over. But I will still be teaching class and holding rehearsal in the evening thru the end of the month. Then we gotta get school supplies, and school clothes, and try and squeeze in a bit of relaxing fun before the boys head back to the classroom.

I guess the lining around all this is, when I do finally get to spend some good quality time with my kids, I should be a nicer person. Let's hope. I know they are!

12 Comments:

Blogger Cristina said...

Aw, Cameo, sorry things are so stressful for you right now. I've been there and it is the WORST. Absolutely awful. I used to come home from work crying 2 days out of the week cuz I was so busy and stressed.

May things get easier for you soon. ((hugs))

10:10 PM  
Blogger IzzyMom said...

You definitely have your hands full but even with all the stress, it will all look better when the period crap goes away :)

12:16 AM  
Blogger Lynilu said...

No one tells you about this before you sign on, do they? Unfortunately, every job descreption I've heard of has that one last, deadly line: OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED. Ahh, cameo, there is just a breath between this kind of schedule and that time when you suddenly realize how unbelievable quiet your house is and that you miss the hustle-bustle. Take some Midol, rest as much as you can, and try to be good to yourself every way you can.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Julie Marsh said...

Yowza. That is a crazy schedule. No wonder you are overwhelmed, and now have your period on top of it all?

8:13 AM  
Blogger Oblivious Maven said...

I'd love a good cry, but I don't cry anymore. Maybe my husband needs to go pick up a little something for me. And I don't even have my period, lol.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

Oh Honey...

What a schedule...

Maybe someone else can clean the dishes???

Waking up crying? Not good...

I guess the only bright side is... you got your period...

Thinking of you and hoping that the following week is better!

5:57 AM  
Blogger BoomBoom said...

I'm trying to figure out how to "skip" my period in September. For some reason, over the past few months it has rearraged its own normal schedule so it could join my husband and I in Vegas.

Just my luck, eh? I arrange a vacation to include no children (~wink~wink~) and my period decides to tag along.

7:51 AM  
Blogger BoomBoom said...

Oh, and just so my comment is all "ME-ME-ME", I hope things become an easier to handle pace for you soon!

7:52 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Yes, I'm with lynilu, be good to yourself. And Midol. Lots and lots of Midol.

8:27 PM  
Blogger noncommon said...

hey thanks guys! i'm feeling better now. and things get hella easier tomorrow!

wordgirl - glad to know i'm not the only one who has the habit of dragging everyone with me.

tot - hope the thing gets random and shows up early.

motr - thanks for the virtual hug.

thanks again for all the good wishes!

3:27 PM  
Blogger ms blue said...

Wow that is a full plate. I hope that when the time comes to relax that you really enjoy it.

Crying in your sleep is a sure sign to slow down. (And possibly eat some chocolate!)

12:17 AM  
Blogger Lulabelle said...

"..it's hard to be a bitch when you're unconscious." Can I quote you?

4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home