Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I Don't Mean To Brag, But...

Sunday May 28th was our first anniversary! In true Chris and Cameo form we didn't do anything big. Hell, when we got married, we packed the kids in the car, told them we were going to see Judge Judy, and headed to the courthouse!

So, we didn't do anything 'special' for our anniversary - No fancy dinner. No stay at a suave hotel. No pageantry.

But I did get these.




No I didn't.





But I did get this.






Nope, lied again.





Wanna see what I did get? (this time it's for real - promise)



Drumroll................................................




















Pretty cool, huh?


So, what you don't know is I've been washing bottles in the bathroom sink. And we've been eating out every meal. And we've been living with a refrigerator in our living room. FOR TWO WEEKS!

But we have been dealing with this tiny, ill-planned, cramped, worn-out, and dated kitchen for 5 years! Doing dishes in a compact sized dishwasher that never got anything clean. Cooking on a stove-top that was wobbly and crusted and rusted. Walking on floors that were CONSTANTLY disgusting. And trying to prepare meals on 2 feet of counter space! That's not an over-exaggeration! Two feet!


So, here's a little journey into the transformation my amazing husband created for us. It's not totally finished yet, but you get the idea.










these pictures taken from the same spot























during the remodel






















I don't know about you, but in my book this sure beats dinner, flowers, or jewelry any day!


Incidentally, behind the new cabinets reads: 'Chris remodeled this kitchen May 2006. And his wife loves him for it!'


And I do!
And I'm proud of him too!

17 Comments:

Blogger Milo said...

Awesome work there! And congratulations! Happy anniversary!

4:01 AM  
Blogger Christina_the_wench said...

Wow, just WOW! Way to go, Chris! Keep your woman happy! I LOVE that new frig. Woohooo!

5:23 AM  
Blogger BoomBoom said...

Congratulations!

I am so with you on this one, having never been a big flower or jewelry person. I can't think of a better gift than a new kitchen, and it's a beautiful one.

There is definitely something about well crafted kitchen cabinetry that say's "I love you forever".

6:23 AM  
Blogger BoomBoom said...

And the heading for this post cracked me up to no end. This is a phrase a very good friend of Bombadee's and mine uses all the time.

6:24 AM  
Blogger Momma G said...

this kitchen is HOT!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Julie Marsh said...

Absolutely beautiful. You've given me some good ideas for when we manage to remodel in ten years or so.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Behind all my jealousy, I'm incredibly happy for you, Cameo. Congratulations!!

5:23 PM  
Blogger spotted elephant said...

Congratulations! And what a great kitchen-very nice present.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Oh, heck ya that beats flowers. That is awesome. Kitchen looks great! Congratulations.

P.S. I have a compact size dishwasher right now. I'd never even heard of em before we recently moved into this house. I thought it was a trash compactor and then I found out it was a dishwasher and I was like wtf?

11:19 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Wow. That is one fabulous kitchen!! I couldn't be more jealous. Happy Anniversary!

7:31 AM  
Blogger noncommon said...

thanks everyone! but no need to be jealous. you should see the rest of the house! ;)

2:58 PM  
Blogger city dweller said...

congratulations! You are so lucky. I'm sooo jealous right now, and the sad thing is i dont know if im jealous of the old kitchen or the new-your "before" kitchen looks better than mine! congrats on your first year and a great kitchen!

11:34 PM  
Blogger IzzyMom said...

I really love your kitchen. Your huz did a great job. You're lucky he's handy!!!

And I would take the new kitchen over jewelry ANY DAY!

I have about 2 feet of counterspace and overall, my kitchen is probably half the size of yours. No wonder I hate cooking...lol

8:09 AM  
Blogger noncommon said...

the kitchen is bigger now, definately. but what you don't know is i don't have a dining room. that means we sit down on the floor around the coffee table to eat. sucks!
next major plan is to convert one half of the garage into a dining room. we lose parking space, but at least we eat like civilized folk.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

I think your husband has raised the gauntlet as far as anniversary presents go...
What a great gift!!!
Happy Anniversary!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Andie D. said...

You SHOULD brag!

Fantastic gift! What an incredible difference. My 10 year anniversary is coming up, and I'm starting to eye the back yard.... What do you think my chances are?

8:42 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

DARN! but that's one hell of a pretty kitchen. *sigh*

lookit that tile on the floor. oh, and the counters - and the workspace - droooooool.

yay, you! congratulations on your first year together, and for getting the best present anyone could ask for. seriously.

wow.

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home