Monday, March 20, 2006

How It All Turned Out

Well, this is it, the last day of the boy's Spring Break! And as irony would have it, the first official day of Spring (starts at noon). And as irony would further have it, we're due for 3-6 inches of snow later on today. Go figure! Anyway, we made it through this week without any major meltdowns, just one moody moment brought on by an impending headache (Evan). Other than that, all went really well. I actually had a good time with the boys. We got the house cleaned for when Chris's sisters and dad came up for dinner - always nice! Having people over of course, but a clean house ROCKS! I worked with Evan on his long division, and he gets it! Halle-freakin-lujah! He even thinks it's easy! And we didn't have any horrible episodes doing it! I can be a nurturing mama, I can! We went ice skating, visited Science City, they played outside a lot, Noah went with me to the studio and helped me clean there, they played video games, went and saw their grandpa's show, colored, roller skated, and helped me out immensely with Roxy. Pretty uneventful really, but it was pleasant. And the fact that Evan is returning to school confident with what he has to do makes me happy beyond belief. We have struggled the past two years with him and his confidence. There are things that he doesn't understand easily and in turn starts to think himself stupid. I guess it's hard not to feel like that when you think everybody else in the room understands what you don't. So my hope is that he waltzs right into school tomorrow (assuming we don't have a snow day) and kicks some long division ass!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home