Thursday, August 24, 2006

Funky Town

The last couple of days I've been in a funk. A BIG funk! So, today I think I'm going to flip the script and try to think in a positive manner. So, here goes.....

I give thanks for the following (in no particular order):

my children, my husband, my parents, Marcie, friends, health, my mind, my dog, purring cats, home, food, good fortune, good sleep, cilantro, chocolate, rain storms, hummingbirds, flowers, oceans, the color orange, temper tantrums, cart-wheels, punk rock, clean houses, ballet, cameras, good style, cascarones, scrabble, grilling out, crafts, naps, ibuprofen, toads, good sex, free time, Hank Williams, baby feet, firsts, tigers, the smell of coffee, brownies, sunbathing, going to the salon, growling babies, sassy children, rebels, humble people, green lights all the way, compilation cd's, winning shit on the radio, compliments, snow storms, Leonard Cohen, sitting in front of the fire, road trips, shopping, little suits for little boys, straightening irons, earrings, massages, chiropractors, flamenco, recycling, hiking, goldfish, seeing your history in your child's face, dejavu, blog buddies, giving birth, painting a room, good work, jasmine, streams, Led Zeppelin, good arguments, puppies, gardens, concerts, getting drunk, laughing 'til you cry, decade old friendships, The Clash, nicknames, sharp tongues, literacy, 2008 is coming up, bold old women, Willie Nelson, costumes, misunderstood song lyrics, laughing infants, good men, breezes, tomorrow, reminiscing, laughing at yourself, when everything for dinner is ready at the same time, birthday parties, presents for no reason, Roxy in a tutu, the name Roxy, scalloped potatoes, gourmet dog bakeries, seeds germinating in the kitchen window, glitter, Christmas cookies, surprises, bathroom humor, rock gardens, stained glass, pottery, your name in lights, trampolines, pissed off cats, good grades, autumn, quiet, sonograms, potato soup, peacocks, dinner parties, impromptu gatherings, musical theatre, looking good in a picture, organization, love notes, long showers, inspiration, smart animals, cigars for a new baby, crying because you're happy, organics, bad words on a calculator, Jimmy Hendrix muzak in an elevator, the 80's being 'retro', right place at the right time, being in love, dive bars, marathon kissing, baby books for your kids, henna tattoos, birth marks, freckles, free babysitting, kisses from behind, good lighting, wild flowers, cloudy days, bamboo, apples in salad, making soap, John Prine & Iris Demet's "In Spite of Ourselves", porches, courtyards, common sense, "Go Away" door mats, John Lennon, erasers, cookie dough, dictionaries, travel, electric cars, chapstick, almond oil, cat teeth, baby's breath.

So there.
What are you thankful for?

13 Comments:

Blogger ms blue said...

When all your senses quick in and you become consumned with that feeling of being incredibly alive.

Your list is awesome!

9:54 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Quiet alone time to read blogs and junior mints from the freezer - Booya!

11:25 PM  
Blogger Marcie said...

Dinner parties? I thought we made fun of dinner parties?

I'm thankful for M&M's, John Stewart and Led Zepplin:)

5:54 AM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

ahhhhh ditto...
And...
nights out dancing with friends, a good story,a warm hug, a song that makes your heart happy, my kid running with her arms wide for me to catch her and twirl and hug her,for my husband's daily calls, for my dog who wakes me up at 7am so he may have his cuddletime in bed on my left side, a really good dinner, a sunset, the smell of a campfire on your clothes when you unpack from a trip, the sound of anyone laughing a good tummy laugh and the sound or rain in the evening.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

What a perfect list and great strategy to beat funk. I loved everything.

Today I am thankful that my work week is almost over, that I get to see some of my bloggy friends this weekend, that my son made me laught twice even before breakfast, and for Ben and Jerry :)

10:39 AM  
Blogger Oblivious Maven said...

"Eskimo Kisses"

Cold, clean sheets indoors to crawl into on a hot summer night.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Right now... I'm thankful for The Fray, that my baby's tummy ache is finally gone, that my coffee was made to perfection this morning, Little Bear, and you, Miss Cameo...and your kick-ass list. ;)

6:30 AM  
Blogger Oblivious Maven said...

Adding...ice, refrigerators, freezers, air conditioning, electricity, cold soda-pop, sandals, air conditioning, shorts, cotton clothing, tank tops, air conditioning, deodorant, ice cream, and air conditioning.

12:49 PM  
Blogger nonlineargirl said...

I am thankful that I got to see this. You are in a bad mood and come up with this huge list? Just imagine the list you'd produce when you are in a good mood!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Lynilu said...

I love your list. Without trying to equal your list (and I doubt it possible anyway), let me just say that I'm thankful to have another chance to live life at my own direction and to discover the daily pleasures it brings me in new friends and experiences beyond my imagination in the the "old" life. Isn't life wonderful, even in the funks? You're awesome, girl!

7:00 AM  
Blogger BoomBoom said...

Can I just say "me too"?

Yeah...I'm going with a me too on all of these.

5:20 AM  
Blogger Christina_the_wench said...

The end of this work day is near. Oh, and Midol.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Kelly Curtis said...

That's an awesome list! I'd add unsolicited "love you"'s

Thanks for stopping by at Pass the Torch Tuesday!

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home