Saturday, January 06, 2007

So Long, Farewell...

Helloooooo! Is there anybody out there?
Are there still people who come by my spot periodically to check on me?
If so, I have to apologize for my bad blogging behavior - actually, my bad lack of blogging behavior.
If you check you're site meter you will notice I've been coming to see you even if I haven't left a comment.

One of the reasons I've been bad about posting is because I used to check my site meter too, and noticed there were a couple of people who regularly visited me. People from this very city. People who's job locations gave them away. People I don't think I know - or maybe I DO!

Regardless, these people don't leave me comments which leads me to believe I might know them and don't want them knowing more about me than I want them to know.

With me?

So, I think I'm going to be shutting this blog down.

My hope is to re-surface someplace else in total anonymity. And that way those sneaky people, whom I probably don't like much anyway, won't get to know my shit.

So, if you're one of the people who have been lurking in my world - bye!

I will contact those people I know to let you know the new location, if and when it arises. And if you don't hear from me, e-mail me and I will let you know too.

So, bye-bye from my messy, beautiful life.

Cameo

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch. I'm sorry to hear that. A couple other peole I know have had similar problems, and I hated seeing them leave. I understand, but I will miss you! Stay in touch.

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand, too. Local non-commenting, regularly-visiting lurkers can be creepy.

Whatever happens, just don't disappear from the internet forever. You'd be sorely missed.

xoxo,

catherine

1:30 PM  
Blogger BoomBoom said...

I have found that I have begun to limit what I will and will not post on my blog due to who I know reads (and won't comment). It kind of takes the fun out of it when I can't say what I want, although if a blog is truly going to be an online diary of sorts for me, I would have to ensure no one I know in my daily life was aware of it's existence.

I'm not sure what the best road to take on that one is. Do I want my best friend to know I thought she was a bitch the other night, can I call my boss an asshole without him finding out, can I say I find another guy irresitable without my husband being worried, can I say I bought some lacy panties and had hot monkey sex last night or will my mom be reading it the next morning?

Tough call. Sometimes I like knowing who reads and I write for their enjoyment and other times I wish I had no idea who read so I could write for my own.

You'll notice me in your daily stats, and I hope to follow you to your new (secret) site. Bravo!

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well...save your blogroll and come find me when you're ready to return.

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do let your far-flung readers know if you come back. We'll miss you!

9:07 PM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

I am sadthat Messy Beautiful will be no more...
I will miss your posts and I will miss your site...
Your blog was oneof my first blogs that I ventured to post comments on...

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been lurking around. I hope that you will drop me an email when you find a new blog home.

By the way, I love the photos of your children in your previous post!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Lan said...

I've enjoyed reading for about nine months or so.

I'd like to be e-mailed if you start up again. denzylle@yahoo.com

I'm in London.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Best to you in your new move. I can understand wanting to be anonymous. I would definitely high-tail it out of my URL if I thought I had unwanted guests!

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I just found you, sorry to see you go...

9:09 AM  
Blogger Lulabelle said...

Oh sad - I know it's been ages and I too sort of fell out of blogging (and reading blogs) for a while, but if you come back and see this message, let me know where you went!

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home