Monday, March 20, 2006

Woo-Woo For Me & Good Ju-ju For You!

I don't read. Not that I'm particularly proud of that fact. There are hundreds of books in my house, either purchased or borrowed with great intent. But the fact remains that I don't have a great deal of time to sit down and read, and when I do, the act of reading puts me to sleep. HOWEVER! I did finish reading a book last night! A play, actually. One from the list of books I swore I was going to read. I finished "The Good Body," by Eve Ensler (author of "The Vagina Monologues"). All 102 pages of it, including the preface, title page, and special acknowledgments. Not "War and Peace," but I did it, so woo-woo for me!
And on a totally unrelated note, I have to admit that I was pissed off at Grey's Anatomy last night! Why? They stole my "ju-ju!" Not that I am the sole owner of that term or that I even have any special right to claim it as mine, but I have been the identifier and gracious recipient of good ju-ju for a really long time now. And now there is a slight threat that something I hold so dear is going to become common. God, I hope not! And anyway a cup of coco is not good ju-ju! Especially when it is given with the intent of bringing the giver good ju-ju! Ju-ju is fortune, energy, luck! Icky people have bad ju-ju for you. Being in the right place at the right time is good ju-ju. You can't hand somebody good ju-ju! I don't believe that ju-ju applies in a form similar or comparable to karma. Ju-ju just is!
It comes your way or it doesn't! What's important is that you appreciate the good ju-ju, genuinely. And that you turn and walk away from the bad ju-ju, genuinely. So on that note, may good ju-ju be yours.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marcie said...

Does this have anything to do with ju-ju beans? A good example of ju-ju would be finding something really cool and cheap at the thrift store. And at least you heard ju-ju on your favorite show and not on Maury. Bye now!

3:35 PM  
Blogger ms blue said...

I've always been all for karma, but I keep seeing all these people get ahead with little knowledge and no dedication. Ju-ju explains everything.

And no one can steal your ju-ju!

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home