Thursday, April 27, 2006

April Sucks - Somethin's Gotta Give

April SUCKS! I don't know what's going on with the cosmos, but it's not in my favor. And here I thought this was going to be a great year - MY year - Year of the Dog! Ha, frickin' ha ha. My hope is when April leaves, the bad ju-ju leaves with it.
It's been one thing after another. Both the boys and I were sick. I rarely get sick and this time it was a doozy. So bad it was, that all three of my kids spent 3 days with my parents while I fought horrible body aches, chills, etc. I would have given anything to have just barfed the crap out, but Noooooooooooo! It thought I needed it to linger for a good 8 days.
Sadly, the day I came down with the shit was the day Chris' sister Sheri died. She was 45. She died of cervical cancer. Can I just take the time to tell everyone how important it is for you get your annual. Don't EVER skip one!!! We buried her last Tuesday. It was very hard. The whole thing is a tragedy on so many levels. She left behind three children and a husband who loved her very much. Her oldest daughter is pregnant with her first grandchild, a boy due in July. And her son is set to graduate in May. She was one of the kindest, sweetest people you could have ever wanted to know. The world needs more people like her.
And then today... my phone rang at 3:30. It was my biological dad calling to tell me something "really bad." My thoughts flashed to my grandma - the one I was supposed to take Roxy to go meet when I got sick. Then it flashed to my brother who is over in Iraq. Then the words came. "Denny burned to death last night." Denny, my cousin. He's younger than me. And from what we know, his apartment caught fire and he didn't make it. "Fuck!" That's all I could get out. And I cried. Denny - the second half of Shannen (his sister)& Denny. Denny. Who while in the service, was included in the annual picture of the grandkids because we held up the phone (with him on it). Denny. That blonde haired, big ass goatee sporting guy with the sparkle in his eyes. Denny. The daddy to two little girls. Denny. The good guy.
Denny and I split center behind my grandma
April has been exhausting. Doesn't look like it's going to slow down either. I just really want to get back to my boring, mundane routine. Sickness and death have been this months theme. And I'm ready for it to stop.
So let me take this time to wish anyone who is reading this good health, good love, good laughs, and good ju-ju. Go kiss someone you love.

9 Comments:

Blogger SUEB0B said...

Oh, girl, that is all so sad. Sad especially for those who are left behind.

I absolutely believe, though, that when we lay down these bodies, we immediately jump up in our new spirit bodies, laughing.

Virtual hugs across the blogosphere.

9:04 PM  
Blogger noncommon said...

thanks. i'm not saddened because they're gone. yes, it's painful all they leave behind. i'm saddened HOW they left. tragedy never sits well. tragic death is the worst. thanks for the love.

9:12 PM  
Blogger spotted elephant said...

I'm so sorry to hear that.

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, Cameo. {{hugs}}

Both losses are so tragic.

My sympathies.

10:03 PM  
Blogger MrsFortune said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. How tragic on all counts. Some good ju-ju will be coming your way soon.

8:41 AM  
Blogger nonlineargirl said...

I'm sorry for your losses. What a rough month.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

I am so very sorry for what you're going through and for your family's loss.

4:13 PM  
Blogger noncommon said...

thanks to everyone who sent me good wishes. i won't tell you what happened today. but it doesn't seem to be stopping. i'm very worn and emotionally exhausted. your good sentiments mean a lot.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Tupelo Honey said...

Cameo -
...I think you have hit your crappy karmatic limit. Please smile and know the kids and I are sending lotsa positive energy your way...my heart is heavy for you both. - now you go kiss someone you love and let us know if you need anything...

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home