Saturday, April 08, 2006

One Drink Maximum, Please!

Well, as irony would have it (and it always does) my big gorgeous hunk of a husband and I went to see a show last night!!!! And here I was thinking that I wouldn't be going out for a long time. HA! We went and saw the Neville Brothers. It was my birthday present to Chris who turns 39 on Sunday!!!And it was a blast. It was my first time seeing them - it was Chris' 2,000th or something. Anyway, keeping true to the fact that I hadn't had an alcoholic beverage in just over a year, and that I hadn't eaten since 1pm , I was flyin' low and happy with the world 45 minutes prior to showtime. Being the ever responsible one, I did down a piece of pound cake, so as not to barf at a later time. And then I kept on going. Well, only two more drinks really - Rum & Coke. But DAMN if I wasn't lovin' life. I was best friends with everyone there! I danced! I molested Chris!! I soaked up the light show. I enjoyed all the different types of people and their energy. Everything from silver haired old ladies to privilidged "hippie" college kids. And for some reason, I was dying to hear Aaron sing the cotton song (the touch, the feel of cotton. the magic of our lives), but he didn't. Go figure. Anyway, it was a great release. And after a week of sick kids, mommy needed a release! BIG TIME! We had almost 4 hours of adult time. Almost 4 hours of self-indulgent time. Almost 4 hours of freedom. And the topper of the evening was (drumroll please)....... we came home to a barfing kid, yet again! It was fun while it lasted.

2 Comments:

Blogger SUEB0B said...

Congrats on getting outa the house for a date...sounds like a blast.

7:33 PM  
Blogger IzzyMom said...

The cotton song AND the Fisher Price Little People songs, too...lol

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home