Thursday, April 13, 2006

Tag! I'm IT!

Hey! The great and powerful Izzy tagged me. It took me awhile to figure it out, but I think I did and here goes - SIX THINGS ABOUT ME!:
1) I love the smell of dogs feet. I know this is weird, but they just smell dry - like salt. Plus, they're soft. Try it.
2) Just recently I had to make peace with Proctor & Gamble, and I hate it! I'm an avid label checker - I refuse to buy an of their products because of their (past?) policies on animal testing. This means no Tide, Charmin, Bounty, Puffs, Bounce, Swiffer, Pringles, and a huge list of other everyday items. However, in my old age, I have developed skin that is incredibly sensitive to fragrance and have had to start buying Tide Free. aaggghhhhhh!
3) I laugh in my sleep and it wakes me up. Last time it happened it sounded like I was crying. My husband was very concerned until I told him I was laughing. He asked what about, and I didn't know. And along this note, when I'm pregnant - I laugh a lot!
4) I'm not afraid to ask for things or demand them, if necessary. My ex used to say "There's Cameos line and then there's everybody else's line." That's because if there are 42 people waiting and only one line open, I will be the one to say something. But I'm also not afraid to bypass 100 who are waiting in the proper place and go to an open VIP line to get help. Do I take 22 items to the 12 & under lane? ABSOLUTELY NOT! But I will go with 15. Provided there's nobody in the line.
5) And while we're on that subject - I HATE PEOPLE WHO JUMP AHEAD OF YOU WHEN A NEW LINE HAD JUST OPENED UP!!!!! This just happened to me the other day. This lady behind me, tried to go in front of me! I told her that "we" (the guy in front of me and myself) had been waiting longer than she had. When I passed her, she said, "I didn't know there was a rule about it." My response? "Yea, it's called etiquette - manners! It's why grade school children get in trouble for cutting in line!" You picked the wrong woman to make a snide comment to, bitch!
6) I love cilantro.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laughing in your sleep is cute! But you're not weird at all. You make me look like a freakshow. Thanks a bunch!

PS: I'm a sassy bitch like that, too.

9:57 AM  
Blogger noncommon said...

please, you're anything but a freakshow! out of your 100 list - we are a pefect match for like 99! you think i'm kidding? oh no! i'm so serious.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Bridgermama said...

I love cilantro too and dog's feet do have an intoxicating odor.

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, you guys got me on the animal smells. I confess to some more weirdness...

I LOVE cat breath. When my cats yawn near me I lean in so I can smell their breath.

7:38 PM  
Blogger SUEB0B said...

My dog's feet are not soft. They are like scratchy scratch biscuits. She goes off road a lot, though.

Yes, cilantro is a staple around my place.

I'm glad you talked to the line jumping bitch. She needed talking to. "I didn't know..." yeah, right, tell your story to the person AT THE BACK OF THE LINE.

8:48 PM  
Blogger noncommon said...

yeah bridgermama! - it's a good smell. no?
izzy - okay, see? i love the way cats breath smells too. especially when they're cleaning themselves. you know it's a different saliva they produce for cleaning themselves than their regular stuff. usless info, i know, but....
sue - i have many times tripped and fallen on my sword of justice, but if it isn't right, i can't keep quiet! i'm always a sucker for a good confrontation.

9:20 PM  
Blogger ms blue said...

You're all a bunch of animal smelling weirdo's. LOL

I felt the same way about CoverGirl. (Who I just realize now are part of Proctor & Gamble)

My husband laughs in his sleep too.

Good for you with your tell it like it is ways! That was a perfect come back to the rude line jumper. I would have thought to say that an hour later.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

I'm a sucker for the smell of good dog feet, too. Weirder though, I like the sour smell of sweaty baby feet. Do you know the kind I mean or is it just my babies?

And I'm totally admiring all you confrontational babes. I NEVER can think fast on my feet. I'm the girl who's always caught off guard and then comes up with a list of things I SHOULD have said while I should be sleeping.

3:20 PM  
Blogger noncommon said...

okay, this is going to be the clincher - ms. izzy if you're reading, i am about ready to be freakier than you could ever be... in response to catherine's confession of loving the smell of her babies stinky little feet...... oh god, should i confess?........i STILL kiss, and smell the boys feet! aggghhhh. i make them promise to not tell any of their friends and here i go. oh well, now it's out there! i got a thing for animal feet, and my kid's feet. no husband's, thank you. but the boys are 8 & 9. that's getting bad enough. and i am now MRS. FREAK to you!

4:18 PM  
Blogger spotted elephant said...

I hate cilantro. But I'm growing it from seed for my rabbit, who adores it. So tomorrow when I cut some cilantro for his salad, I'll think of you. :)

9:38 PM  
Blogger IzzyMom said...

lololol...okay. You might be winning this round. But my daugter is five and I kissed her feet not so long ago. But I haven't made a point of smelling them. Are you olfactorily-fixated? lol

9:41 PM  
Blogger MrsFortune said...

Okay, so um ... for #1, how did you find that out? I've had dogs all my life and I've never noticed a particular smell, good or bad, about their feet ... do I just have freak dogs?

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home