Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Have a Nice Trip - See You Next Fall


I don't read too many blogs. Just a couple that I check on a daily basis. However, I noticed this weekend that the ones I read seemed to be taking a little time off. And you know what? So was I. Well, all I have to say is GOOD FOR US!!! We have a life. Whatever those sassy women (bloggers) were doing on their absent days, I hope it was fun. As for me? Well.............
My beautiful husband and I were strolling down Matrimony Lane the other day, when out of nowhere, the man tripped me! And down I went, face first, into the saturated ground of fatalism and absolutes. Oh, I clawed my way back up (nobody puts baby in a corner!) Sinking every claw I have into him on the way. Hissing as I went. It was exhausting. It was painful (at the moment). But it was productive, and enlightening, and necessary. We're all flawed creatures. And when somebody impacts you, and it hurts, you are forced to evaluate and support your standards. You're also forced to recognize your shortcomings. If the one you love cares, they adjust. If you love them, you adjust. And each time you do, you take one step closer to eachother. One step closer to that magical thing that happens when you have a true life partner. I have one. And I'm so damn happy about that.
So, we both cleaned eachothers wounds. We kissed and made up. We are actually both thankful that we hit this bump in the road. It sent us to a smoother side of Matrimony Lane - until the next pitfall. And we all know there will be more. But today I love him a little bit more. Because now I understand a little more about this complex creature I get to share my life with. Today, his eyes are softer. His mouth - a little prettier. His voice is gorgeous. Kind of reminds me of that line from "Sex, Lies, & Videotape, " - "Men tend to fall in love with the women they are attracted to - Women tend to become more attracted to the men they love." I used to really believe that. But now I don't know if I do so much. I think the later is true for both the sexes. When you continue to discover more about the person you love, and as a result, more about yourself, the whole process is sexy. You have more in common. You have a longer shared history. You have comfort. And that's enticing. So the pitfalls are a necessary evil (cuz nobody said life was perfect). But when you find the right one, everyday is absolutely fabulous - even when your face hits the dirt.

2 Comments:

Blogger IzzyMom said...

Awww..that's beautiful! I hope a lot of people get to read it.

3:56 PM  
Blogger MrsFortune said...

I second what Izzy said. I totally agree with you about it being true for both sexes. I know the kind of thing you're talking about, those "fights" that bring you closer together, that make you love each other even more. Well, at least that's what I think you're talking about. :-)

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home