Monday, May 08, 2006

Jibber Jabber

What to write about today? Let's see, I could complain about the incompetence at the bank this morning or the stupid policy I witnessed the other day at the store who's name rhymes with "small fart." Or I could tell you that I had a meltdown the other night in front of the dryer (kind of an appropriate place, no?) and that my sweet man of a husband talked me through it. Or I could tell you this is the busiest time of the year and that I have both a recital and a company performance in the next two weeks. And that the boys are out of school on the 26th. And that I get a week "off" and then back to work again for a three week workshop that I still have to prepare for. Or that Roxy's pooping at this very moment. Or that I just got through changing a poopy diaper! Or all the countless random thoughts that enter my head on a daily basis. Like, does anyone else ever wonder what it feels like to be someone they see driving down the street? Or how people seem to have SO much it makes me wonder how much they get paid, or if they're living beyond their means. Or why didn't I become a weather person?

But instead I think I'll write about this...... Roxy is at that phase where she eats her feet, and I love it!
I forgot babies do that. And my sweet princess growls. It's the most charming thing. Growling, charming? Damn straight! When it's your baby, EVERYTHING is charming.


And these are the flowers I got for MayDay.

And this is the man that gave them to me. I had to chase him with one pant leg on and my underwear partially (alright, FULLY) exposed. He was a gem and stopped running!

And I went and saw Gigi today! She is shear perfection! She can't hear a damn thing, but that's okay. As she said, there are some benefits to getting old and being deaf.

And that my Noah is a lean, mean, dancing machine. And I love that he enjoys dance, and doesn't care what other people think about it!!!!!

And that my Evan said the sweetest things about me for his Mother's Day Tea at school. It's an interesting take -what your kids remember and their perspective on things.

And that my sweet angel princess slept 10 hours last night and I feel like a new woman!!!!! HAVE A GREAT DAY!

11 Comments:

Blogger Cristina said...

Yay for 10 hours of sleep! When my Little Guy did that I was extremely excited.

BTW, I think it would be great if WM could fit "small fart" somewhere into their tag line. So fitting. LOL.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

All very good topics... I especially loved the part about your son who loves to dance and doesn't care what anyone thinks. AWESOME. But to add to the list of things you COULD HAVE posted about... something about a spider on the arm, maybe?? ;)

9:50 PM  
Blogger BoomBoom said...

Gotta tell you that when I first read:

"this is the busiest time of the year and that I have both a recital and a company performance in the next two weeks"

for some reason the word "recital" read as "rectal" to me and I had to read it again. Although, it's pretty funny if you try to think of ways one would have a rectal performance.

5:48 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

that made me laugh pretty hard.

10:06 AM  
Blogger noncommon said...

jenny - are you laughting at what i wrote or that miss tot was trying to imagine a rectal dance?

catherine - mmmmmm, spiders and marcie. let's just say she has an intense fear, and when she was pregnant with billy she nearly lost it!

mommy - 10 hours if great! but i'm waiting for when we get back to the normal highly interupted nights.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Bridgermama said...

Way to be a "half-full" kind of gal!

11:59 AM  
Blogger ms blue said...

First, yes THEY are all living beyond their means.

My baby growls too. I'd never heard such a thing and it is damn sweet. Roxy is too cute.

Yay for Noah enjoying dance and for Evan's appreciation. You are one lucky woman!

3:54 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

10 hours sleep sounds heavenly! And I loved that feet eating stage.

The Mother's Day appreciation is the best too :)

8:29 PM  
Blogger spotted elephant said...

Wow-that's a power-packed post, so I'll just make a few comments.

1) Small fart-priceless.
2) Growling-very charming, especially in a girl.
3) Dancing and not caring what others think is an invaluable life skill. Good on you!
4) Sorry about the job stress.
5) Look on the bright side: you could be so anal you'd number your points in a comment. ???
(backs away from computer)

9:35 PM  
Blogger Milo said...

Cameo,

I don't even know how to respond to your kind words. Thank you.

2:08 AM  
Blogger belledame222 said...

oy, what a face!! hee.

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home