Friday, May 26, 2006

Good Thoughts

Do you remember this little diddy from the 70's? It's by Don Williams - I love it! It was one of the songs Chris & I put on the CD we made in celebration of getting married. Here are the lyrics.....

I don't believe in superstars, organic foods, and foreign cars
I don't believe the price of gold, the certainty of growing old
That right is right and left is wrong
That north and south can't get along
That east is east and west is west
And being first is always best

But I believe in love
I believe in babies
I believe in mom and dad
And I believe in you

I don't believe that heaven waits for only those who congregrate
I like to think of God as love
He's down below, He's up above
He's watching people everywhere
He knows who does and doesn't care
And I'm an old and married man
Sometimes I wonder who I am

But I believe in love
I believe in music
I believe in magic
And I believe in you

I know with all my certainty
What's going on with you and me is a good thing
It's true, I believe in you

Well, I don't believe virginity is as common as it used to be
And working days and sleeping nights
That black is black and white is white
That Superman and Robin Hood are still alive in Hollywood
That gasoline's in short supply
The rising cost of getting by

But I believe in love
I believe in old folks
I believe in children
And I believe in you


Have a good day!

6 Comments:

Blogger Cristina said...

Love those lyrics. Though I have to say that I DO believe in organics. However, the rest of the song I dig. :)

11:10 AM  
Blogger noncommon said...

i believe in organics too! we just have to let that one slide.

11:30 AM  
Blogger noncommon said...

and i drive a hyundai, too!

11:30 AM  
Blogger SUEB0B said...

Nope, I missed that one.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

Delicious. That song suits you to a T. :)

Have an awesome holiday weekend, Miss Cameo!

10:10 PM  
Blogger Tupelo Honey said...

Cameo - I hadn't heard that song since I was a tyke until you gave me that CD...and it brought back such nostalgia when I heard it...the CD is now a fixture in the car...c'mon...not many places can you go from that to the elvisses! but where's waylon, willie and the boys??

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home